*Interviews generally take place at my studio located at the Old Rainier Brewery in Sodo. If this location is an issue I'm happy to accommodate with a convenient coffee shop or library near you. To book your interview please click here:
I did my training in 2010 in Portland, OR. Since then I have been very lucky to work with some amazing, powerful, and strong families throughout their perinatal period. I have helped families in their homes, birth centers and at hospitals. I have assisted at unmedicated births, medicated births, C-sections, VBACs, silent births, and hypnobirths. My main priority is to support the birthing person and their partners, if involved, and the decisions they've made for their delivery.
As your doula, I am working for you, not your caregiver or hospital. Throughout our relationship I will provide the following to the best of my ability:
- Emotional support, prenatally, throughout labor, and in the early postpartum period.
- Encouragement and support for laboring woman’s partner to participate at their comfort level.
- An experienced and objective viewpoint.
- Assistance in obtaining information in order to make informed decisions.
- Massage and therapeutic touch to assist in tension reduction, keeping stress mild, and releasing connective tissue restrictions that could be impacting labor.
- Ideas for position changes to allow for comfort and ideal positioning of baby throughout labor and for delivery.
- To facilitate communication between the laboring woman (couple) and healthcare providers.
- Suggestions and techniques to enhance labor and ease pain.
- Breastfeeding support.
- Postpartum Support
- I do NOT provide medical advice
Postpartum Doula Package (Offered Newborn-3 months):